Friday, March 16, 2007

Connected Again!

Well! After reading my sister's blog and seeing all the awesome pics she put on, I decided I'd better get myself back to blogging. After all.. with the new Etsy Mini.. Who wouldn't want to? :P

I should be doing labels, but really need a break from them.... So.. here I am! :) To bless the blogging community with my useless information about a computer and it's sticky notes.
I've been trying to keep up with my orders, and am just now catching up, tho I have more coming in. (Not complaining tho! :) ) I went ahead and gave myself a little more allowed 'me-and-family-time' when telling my customers their expected order completion date. :S (sounds all professional? :P) So hopefully, I can focus a little better when designing and maybe even get a pair of legwarmers knitted! :P Someday! lol.
I don't mind bein busy, but the hubby was complaining a little bit the other day. That's what got me to deciding I better manage my Etsy work time a little better. And tho it's really rather easy to talk to him and cut labels at the same time, I kinda think he was hoping for a little more eye contact in our interactions. I'm not sure how demanding men should be, but either way I wont mind spendin a lil time with him.. After all, I did marry him for a reason.. Right?
Wednesday I had a bit of a crisis. 15 orders pending and my internet crashes on me. Not just any crash... A crash that has me chit chatting over the phone to a Charter Representative for a few hours off and on. (my phone apparantly was having a 'crash' day too)
When I finally was told that my internet would be down until Saturday... Can you imagine my reaction? Not happy, at the very least.
So after getting off the phone I directly called my mom, as usually happens when I have
something to gripe about... "Call Jessica, she got Clearwire the day after calling about it." said my brilliant mom after hearing my dilemna.
After several calls, I got ahold of a Clearwire Rep, who asked if I would be available in an hour. I
said that I could be, and he said he would drop a tower by so I could have it over night and decide if we wanted to go ahead and cancel Charter for Clearwire.
Oh goodness.. Why on earth didn't I call them months ago? So 4 hours later...



Tada! Big Black Tower of Hope! :) *sigh* I am so in love.
And.. The product of it? Less Sticky Notes on my computer! :) Plus it smiles down at me with it's signal lights of reassurance.

*yawn* well.. it's getting late, and really I should get some sleep if I'm not doing labels! :)
Till next time!

8 comments:

cArOl said...

Lol..That was entertaining. :) I especially liked the part about your brilliant mom! You should take a break and enjoy this 70 degree weather! :) MoM

IrishLuck said...

Yeah! It's really nice weather, and I have been taking a bit of a break today. But mainly to clean up house. Jada got to it yesterday while I was stressing about my international orders, trying to get them done before the Post Office closed.

jessica said...

lol, that WAS entertaining. I am still trying to decide why your brilliant sister was mentioned in passing... I mean after all I was the one who gave you the number that led you to the beautiful slim black tower...

IrishLuck said...

true true.. it is beautiful isn't it? :) Very reassuring as it shines it's steady green lights at me. While before I had to kinda look under my desk and hope that the blinking dull lights on my not so pretty white modem meant it was still working. Well.. I spose I coulda mentioned somethin bout you in there :P Giving me a rather rude Mellissa's number who no longer worked for Clearwire...

dottie angel said...

well, i thought i would just take alook at how things are going for you in your etsy shop (especially as my labels are starting to run low)and found your blog..i shall be sure to be adding it to my reading blogs that i check out daily with a nice cup of tea! glad you are having such success and also glad you are making time for the man and most importantly the KNITTING!!!

Tif

Shannon said...

*rolling on the floor in laughter* I got such a kick out of your blog! I can' wait to read more. I love reading everyones blogs. It's like a juicy novel:) Glad to see you around and I miss you. Hope you are taking good care of yourself.

jessica said...

update update!! I mean come on... MARCH!?

cArOl said...

Yes, I agree!